Thursday, February 9, 2012

A New Life For Some Old Frames

I have had these two pictures hanging on either side of my sliding glass door for for-eva.  My friend made them for me when we first moved in and decided on a rooster theme (it was the era of "themes" what can I say?).  She had the wallpaper up in her kitchen and just cut two roosters off her leftovers and "mounted" them on some paper. 




They were cute but I was done.  And just ask the Hubsters, that is not a good place for me to be.  Done with roosters and chickens.  I love them but...done. So my wheels got to turning.  I found this on pinterest, no source though, so thanks, whoever you may be...


                            I'm so making this and hanging it next to the table!


I printed it out on my silhouette and put it  right onto the glass totally crooked.  Of course.  But, ya know what, it wouldn't be my home if it was perfect.  So I will just grit my teeth and move right along.  I put burlap behind the glass and hung it low on the wall.




Then I popped over to the Graphics Fairy (LOVE) and found this guy:



                                   source:    


I placed him over an old cookbook page I found through google using fotoflexer and came up with this:




He is sooooo cute.  Feel free to take him!  I ran over to Office Max and had him printed up for .89 cents!







I can write a little note on him or our menu for the night with a dry erase marker!  I loooooove him!
I hung him above the table manners picture.  The frames are in terrible shape, but I am going to repaint our kitchen and I want to paint them some fun color.  Just not sure what yet.  


And the best part is it only cost me .89 cents.  I had everything else on hand!









Pin It

I'm linking up:
skip to my lou made-by-you-monday-83
The Graphics Fairy

2 comments:

  1. Jen, these are awesome!!! Both of them! I have a quick question for you re: the kitchen manners. I'd like to make one of these for my d-in-law. Did you print it out on vinyl and then take the letters off and then stick "the background" part on the glass?

    Thank you so much for linking this up to my party @ Project Queen. I hope you come back this week and share again. Your projects are awesome.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandy! I used the outline button on my silhouette then pulled the original image away and deleted it (I'm still trying to learn all the ins and outs of the vinyl world) it left me with just the outlined letters. Then I just put the words directly onto the outside of the glass. So what you are seeing is the vinyl words on the outside of the glass with burlap fabric under the glass. They are all crooked which kinda drives me crazy but I'll get over it :) Hopefully that answered your question?

    ReplyDelete