Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pancakes and Play doh

Some days are just pajama wearing, hang out in the house all day, kind of days.  Actually, now that I think about it, that is how sis and I have spent the majority of these short winter days.  

When I asked her today what she wanted for lunch she answered with a sassy "Pancakes and Play-doh".  Well, what the heck.  Why not?

I went to get out all of our play-doh but all I found were dried up crumbs and open baggies with rock hard black play-doh inside.  
Are we the only ones who always end up with six containers of black play-doh? My OCD starts kicking in something fierce when they begin to mix up play-doh colors.  I just have to walk away.


I was afraid I would have to let sis down when I remembered that I had pinned a recipe for kool-aid play-doh from here: playdoughrecipe.org

So Sis and I got to work concocting our very own home made play-doh:





Ingredients for Koolaid Play-doh:

  • 1 cup flour (up to 2 if you feel the dough is to thin
  • 1 cup boiling water (I mixed the dough until it was cool enough for sis to handle)
  • 3 Tbsp. oil
  • 1/2 cup of salt
  • 1 package of koolaid (we used orange)
Directions:

  • Mix all ingredients together except water
  • Add boiling water
  • Knead ingredients until thoroughly mixed
  • Add more flour in necessary to create a soft dough
  • Start playing!






She had so much fun eating her pancakes and playing with play doh.  Time is flying by with my little ones.  Her big brothers are gone off to school all day and in the blink of an eye she will be too.  I cherish these moments with my little gal.





Linking up:


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment